Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Snow on Memorial Day

I never thought I'd see snow at the end of May. But that's what I saw yesterday.

May 30, 2011
The mountains are white again, and the cold was there. Luckily, it's warmed up again and the snow down here is all melted.

We got a phone call on Thursday telling us we now cover the Providence stake as well. So our area has now doubled, making it one of the largest bike areas in the mission! Luckily, Bohanan's bike is going be here Thursday so we'll actually start getting work done. I'm pumped.

The area is similar to Kaysville. Too many girls, and very financially stable people. Oddly enough, so far, I like it. That makes it way different from Kaysville. I've had 2 former companions, Elders Henke and Houghton who have served in this stake before.

Since we have been working in this stake, we've taught a family from India. They were not interested, but I learned all about their beliefs. And we're going to start teaching 2 girls from Ethiopia. They seem way cool.

Besides that, we're just continuing to work.


One of our investigators, Breanna, drew this after we taught her about the Tree of Life.  Notice the Tree of Life has Dr. Pepper on it!

Elder Flake (on exchanges) Elder Pearson, Michelle (friend of Breanna)  and Breanna the investigator having fun after the lesson.


1 comment:

  1. Tell Ryan that if he meets the Stake President from Providence to mention that he has a cousin in Pampa. The Stake President's daughter is in my ward. Her husband is Paul's first counselor.

    ReplyDelete