Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Still Cold And Wet In Utah


Elder Pearson holding a tarantula
Not gonna lie, I get pretty jealous when I hear about people swimming. My Alaskan companion is bundled up in his heavy jacket today!

This week's gone well, we haven't picked up anyone new to teach this week, but we're trying to help those we are teaching progress in the gospel. We're getting people to church finally! It's a huge obstacle with a lot of people. Most people want to get baptized without ever going to church. Still working hard and spreading the gospel.

We had a sweet dinner with a couple who spoke 4 different languages combined. It made me think of how many different languages the Book of Mormon is in, and how accessible it is to the world. In Mosiah 1:2 King Benjamin "caused that they should be taught in all the language of his fathers, that thereby they might become men of understanding; and that they might know concerning the prophecies which had been spoken by the mouths of their fathers, which were delivered them by the hand of the Lord." These people had to learn a new language to be able to read the scriptures. I'd like to be able to say I would be able to do this, but that would be a hard thing to do. I'm so glad I've got it in my own language.


Playing with a squirrel - I guess he forgot it is rodent!


No comments:

Post a Comment