Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Still Snowing :)

Snow in May. Yehaw. The weather is so bi-polar. Yesterday was in the 60's. It's gone back down for today.

This last week, Bohanan and I have been finding a bunch of people to start teaching. I got a sweet package from home, with an awesome Dwight Schrute bobble head. And I got a sweet pic of Bohanan with him.


Elder Bohanan and Dwight Bobblehead.


Look for the resemblance.

I saw some people from home this week. We randomly contacted Rachel Jensen, which was cool. And had dinner at the Huffmans. Which was also sweet.



Elder Pearson and the Huffman Family
I gotta say, I liked seeing the Huffmans more though, because I got good food out of it too.

I had a cool insight while in the Temple. The purpose of the Atonement was for Jesus Christ to suffer and overcome all that the fall of Adam has brought us. He suffered for our sins, which were brought into the world when the fruit was eaten. He suffered and overcame death that was brought into the world when the fruit was eaten and Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden.

Something else that came into the world when the fall happened was thorns. "...cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee" (Genesis 3:17-18) This is something that's always gone over my head. But the only other time in the Bible that sticks out to me where thorns are mentioned is when Christ wore a crown of thorns while on the Cross. I don't think it was coincidence that he was made to wear a crown of thorns. I think it's a symbol of Christ's suffering everything that Adam and Eve brought into the world when the fall came about. Not really important, just thought it was kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment