Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another week another letter

Nothing much has changed. I still love being a missionary. Still meet new people every day. Still looking forward to transfers next week.

I did get a call from Austin, who was a kid who went out and taught with Elder Henke and I a couple times.


Austin and his sisters with Elder Pearson

He was the one who made the sweet igloo. I sent a pic of me with him and his fam a while ago. Anywhoo, he got his mission call! He will be serving in the Texas, Houston West Mission. So it won't cover where I live, but I'll make the trip and find him when I get home. It's so cool to see him going. He was a stud when we met him, but I'm gonna pretend I helped him at least a lil bit.

We started teaching a girl, Kerstie last night and it was a sweet lesson. For any lesson, we try to bring someone from the ward to go and be a good friend to the people we are teaching. It works out a lot better when then friends find the person for us to teach. They have so much more support that way. We went to a Bishop's house for the lesson. His son invited Kerstie to meet with us. She had 3 friends from school and the Bishop and his family all there for the lesson. That is how people feel the spirit. Surrounded by people who they know care about them and they can trust.

Kerstie wants to be baptized, and already goes to church regularly with her friends. Things just fall into place so much. The spirit was so strong during the lesson. But the best part was when one of the Bishop's daughters, just 5 years old answered that we can ask questions by praying to our Heavenly Father. It was an amazing moment. These things are so important to know. But so easy, even a 5 year old knows it.

I encourage anyone who dosn't pray, or doesn't pray as much as they could or should to start. It's how we communicate with God. He loves us. He wants to hear from us. Whenever I get a letter and hear from yall I get really excited. And Ii know it's nothing compared to God's excitement when he hears our little, simple prayers.


Love yall, Keep in touch,

Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment