Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More Snow

It isn't Logan without a few snow storms a week. I'm just happy I'm not driving in this.

Tomorrow is my 18 month mark, and it's just not right. I'll probably only be in 1 more area after this one. It sucks to know it's all coming to an end.


Elder Pearson and Elder Mocke before Elder Mocke left
 Elder Mocke was emergency transfered out of the area to campus to serve with a missionary that needs him now. So I'm in a newish area with Elder Daly. Sound familiar? At least this time I was given 2 weeks to get to know people. Twice as long as last time, lol.

But Elder Daly is awesome. He's from Baltimore, Maryland. We're working hard and getting along great! This is my 13th transfer. And Elder Daly is my 13th companion.

We had an awesome baptism this Saturday. His name is A.C. One Saturday night, AC was praying and asked God what he should do. He got his answer to go to church. So he went to the LDS church for the first time ever, and the missionaries happened to be there. They met up and taught him. He's homeless, but going to college right now. He's like Will Smith on Pursuit of Happyness.



AC, Elder Mocke and Stevie
 He spent a couple weeks in jail for something he'd done a year ago. Got out 2 weeks ago on Friday. Went to church again on Sunday, and got baptized on the following Saturday. It was sweet. I wanna read a direct quote from the talk on the Holy Ghost. It was given by his friend who he's living with. His name is Stevie. "People gonna look at you and say 'Oh, you a Mormon' or ' Oh, you a nigga." I'm not 100% sure where he went with that, but it was funny. I think he was telling him to endure to the end.

I got a letter from the Kynastons. They were in my first area, now they live in North Ogden. Garrett was the first person I baptized on my mission. He's 13 now, and I just heard he's in his Deacon Quorum Presidency! I don't care he's in the presidency, but this means he's active in the Church! His mom is about to start classes to work twards going to the temple! It's always scary when you baptize someone. Because you have no idea if, or for how long, they'll stay in the church. So it was awesome to hear from them, and to hear they are still in the gospel

But anyway. It's cold and snowy, but I wouldn't wanna be anywhere but here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment