Tuesday, March 29, 2011

14 for 14!

Transfer time! I'll be staying in Logan. It'll be my 14th transfer and I'm getting my 14th companion. yay? I am pumped about my companion though. His name is Elder Bohannan. He's from Alaska, was homeschooled, and is now, I think, tied for most unaccountable missionary in the mission. I'm soo pumped!

Elder Daly is going to Star Valley, Wyoming. I'm pretty jealous about that, not gonna lie. But I think Prez is going to let me die in Montpelier, Idaho [this will be his last area]. It'll be sweet.

This week I went to 2 baptisms. The first was for Brother Dan Roberts. He's 61 and just deciding to get baptized.


Elder Pearson, Brother Roberts and Elder Daly
It was super spiritual. His son had the opportunity to baptize him. We held the baptism in the Logan Tabernacle. We had the program in the chapel, and I got to give the talk on baptism. My ND talk in that chapel. Kinda crazy. The baptism had everyone there. At least 2 former stake presidents, the current stake president, current patriarch, and a handful of bishops, both current and former. It was definitely a great baptism.

Then in the evening I got to go down to Brigham City and see one of my first investigators, Brother Ed Davis, get baptized. Once again, amazing! I started teaching him almost 17 months ago, and now he has been baptized.

Brother Davis when Elder Pearson started teaching him.
 There were 12 missionaries there, and many more who weren't able to make it.



Ed Davis and some of the missionaries who have taught him.
 The turnaround he and his newly married wife have made since I first met them is incredible. I definitely didn't think I'd see the day, but it happened!



Elder Pearson, Nikki and Ed Davis.
Also on Saturday, I had an 80 year old lady try to seduce me. I won't go into the details, but it was pretty epic.

We just had a lesson with a guy named James. James is a stud! He grew up in Texas! After reading just the introduction to the Book of Mormon and watching "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" He knows that it's true, and wants to get baptized! He's really excited to jump into the Book of Mormon. We haven't brought up that he'll have to marry his fiancé before being baptized yet. They have a plan for doing that quite a while from now. They both get benefits from military for not being married. :/ But it'll all work out.

We haven't taught Moe yet, but we visited him a little last night, and are going to have a lesson next Monday. I'm pumped. That's all I have for this week. It's been amazing. I am pumped for Bohannan, I just hope the work stays at the rate it's going. We will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment