Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Love My Bike!

I forgot how much I missed my bike. I just feel better when I'm not in a car all day. Elder Henthorn and Maw like it too. However, we've already taken a trip to the doctor. Elder Maw ran right into the big pole that controls the traffic lights, head first. It was some funny stuff. He's ok.

The weather is a bit warm, but nowhere close to Texas. I heard y'all have had a 30 something streak of every day over 100 degrees. That's crazy. Maybe I can bring some rain with me.

We're back to getting someone to give us rides every night because of the bikes. A few days ago, when a priest was driving us around in an old beat up car, we stopped at a red light and Elder Henthorn rolled down the window to talk to the car next to us. The guy just looked at the car and said "I'm worried if that's all my tithing money can afford!" It was pretty funny.

Being in a trio isn't too bad. A little awkward contacting people. But once everyone gets the area down, we'll be able to split up and get more work done. Should be sweet.

Elders Henthorn, Pearson and Maw - August 5, 2011

I had an awesome Birthday! I started it by doing some service, which is the next best thing to playing sports for missionaries. We helped distribute a big pile of rocks in flower beds. It took a while though, cause the rock pile was half sand, so we had to wash them first. After that, the family we did service with/for took us to get Bahama Mamma's at the Maverick. They are the best hot dogs I've ever had. And, they had chopped up bits of jalapeño in them. After that we did a bit of planning and then had breakfast for dinner! With a cool family. It just so happened that we didn't have dinner scheduled that night, so we were able to get one set up with this family, worked out great.

After dinner, we had a sweet lesson, and then went to a baptism. When I got to the baptism, my mom's fist boss/family friend, Pia, was there. She gave me giant cooler with cake and ice cream inside. And, of coarse, Dr Pepper.


Elder Pearson with his birthday goodies compliments of Pia Jones.

It was a pretty sweet bday, in the middle of a pretty sweet week.

No comments:

Post a Comment