Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another Week

This week was not a lot out of the ordinary. We went to see the Brigham City Temple get the Angel Moroni put on it last Tuesday. But the wind was blowing too hard and we ended up leaving before they were able to do it.



Angel Moroni for Bountiful Temple
We played sand volleyball at someone's home. A few days later I went to Farr West, and met the coolest guy ever. His name is Deon. He was baptized a few weeks ago. He's from Houston. Gunspoint Houston. He was Lil Flip's bodyguard for a while. Now he's living in Utah and just got baptized.

Sunday night we had dinner with the Crapse family. It's pronounced exactly like it's spelled, without the e. Waggoner and I found out the day before about their last name, and made a few jokes before dinner. During dinner the name was never brought up. Just a cool dinner with a cool family. It wasn't until the prayer on our way out that we ran into some trouble. I had to give the closing prayer, so I verified the pronunciation of the last name. Just as I thought. Before the prayer started Waggoner and I had big smiles on our faces and I knew it wasn't going to end well. As soon as I said "please bless the Crapes family" Waggoner erupted with laughter, which I followed, and one of their kids did too. The rest of the kids were not amused, and I'm pretty sure mom doesn't like us. We felt bad, but it was too funny. We did end up getting the kid that laughed to commit to do missionary work. So we'll get to see them again! And apologize again, LOL.  The next day we met the Piles family...we never get a break.

This morning we got foot zoning appointments. A foot zone is basically a $40 massage on your feet where certain parts of the feet feel like crap. Depending on which part hurts, the foot zoner knows whats wrong with you, either physically or emotionally. Luckily, the sister that did it is still new. So she didn't figure out what's wrong with me emotionally. She did, however, tell me no more Dr Pepper and I need more greens. Pretty much my kidneys and sinuses suck. My eyes are in bad shape too. Anywho, for the most part it felt awesome. And it was free!! I did just down a Dr Pepper though at lunch. Some things just can't change.

That's all I got. We have 2 solid dates for baptism for July 30. and 1 more for Aug 6. Hopefully we'll get some more good dates, and help people Come Unto Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment